[SunRescue] SunBlade 100 pricing and it's effect on the used market

flinters rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Mar 2 18:44:21 CST 2001

On Fri, 2 Mar 2001, Chad Fernandez wrote:

> I realize you might get this all the time, but why dual carbs?  Now days
> a modern single 4bbl is the way to, from what I understand...... or
> injection, but that can get real expensive real fast!

Dual carbs will flow more air than a single four barrel, regardless of
size.  The flow pattern inside of the manifold for a dual carb set up is
better and more direct than the plethora of chambers and areas you need to
flood with air/fuel on a four barrel single carb unit.

Dual carbs are much harder to keep synched though and have more parts to
fail.  It's a trade off.

-Dan Canaan
-1968 Triumph Spitfire with dual HS2 side draft carbs

* Flinthoof Ponypal                                                 *
* Vegaman Dan                                                       *
* http://jarmac.picarefy.com            Ponypics!                   *
* http://jarmac.picarefy.com/spitfire   1968 Triumph Spitfire       *
* http://jarmac.picarefy.com/roomies    Roomies! online comic strip *