[SunRescue] SunBlade 100 pricing and it's effect on the used market

Jonathan Katz rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Mar 2 16:09:53 CST 2001

Stefan asked:
> Well, did you take the plunge?  We're all waiting for your review -
> I've already decided that a SB 100 would make a wonderful replacement
> for my desktop SS5/170, and is within my discretionary budget.

I chickened out. I'm going to wait for my discount and get one
fully-loaded w/ SunPCI card and Expert3D.

Charlene needs a new intake manifold, so my funds are going there,
first. Anyone know of a good intake manifold for a Chevy 283 block
which is setup for dual carbs? carparts.com has the Edlebrock for
$310-ish which is a tad high when I can get an Olfenhausen from a
catalog for $220. I want the lowerend torque on the Edlebrock, but
not the higher price for a part which has lower-performance overall.
The manifold I have is warped and has alrady been machined once :(

-Jon
Jonathan Katz = J. Random BOFH = http://jonworld.com = jon at jonworld.com
"I personally would like to die with the experience of booting a PDP-8
  from the front panel." - <Kp2>