[rescue] Re:EMACS

Joshua D. Boyd rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Jun 27 12:23:06 CDT 2001

Could you ftp those pages off?  If so, emacs has a package called ange-ftp
that I use a lot that makes editing files via ftp nearly as seemless as if
they were local files.

Which brings up a feature that I wish more unix would have: Userspace,
mountable file systems, so that users can be in complete control.  That
would me that a user could download their FTP file system and mount it at
~/ftp.  To download the latest linux kernel would be something like cp
~/ftp/ftp.kernel.org/anonymous/jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu/pub/kernel/v2.4/
etc etc etc.  Then another user could download an HTTP file system,
~/http/www.slashdot.org/images/logo.gif, etc.

--
Joshua Boyd