[rescue] Beginner VAX

BSD Bob the old greybeard BSD freak rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Jul 30 09:58:47 CDT 2001

> I'll be using a little u-haul'em dodge shadow :) And I'll partly be filled
> with DEC rainbow and some mac equipment, but.... I may remove the extra
> seats, as I've done before... a surprising amount of equipment will fit into
> it, the car swallows a 17" monitor shipping box, 2 with some wrangling, and
> still leaves the entire trunk and front seat....
>
> Mike Free
> P.S. Second stop is raleigh, I'm going to atlanta first... this is my
> vacation and I'm making a road trip of it

Sorry for the list posting, but I did not catch his direct email address.
Mike... bounce me your direct email address.  Mine is rdkeys at weedcon1
dot cropsci dot ncsu dot edu.

When you get in town, give me a call at 515-3551 (work)
                                     or 509-7069 (pager)

Lessee... how do we rate the VAX Carrying Capability of a carrying device
like a car or truck.... hmmm...... VCC's maybe.....

     0.9 if it will only carry a VS2000  (puny little car).
     3.5 if it will carry half a dozen desktop boxes (sportenwagen)
    10.0 if it will carry a BA123 chassis (family sedan)
    20.0 if it will carry a 6000 sized chassis (typical van thingy)
   100.0 if it will carry an 11/780, complete.....(:+}}...(semi!)

Bob