[rescue] WTB: Good 'antique' computer for education

Bill Bradford rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu Jul 26 16:35:32 CDT 2001

On Thu, Jul 26, 2001 at 05:28:28PM -0400, Dave McGuire wrote:
>   I'm not sure I fully agree with you here, Bob.  A more recent machine
> like a pdp11/53 or 11/73 is near-bulletproof.  I've seen them survive
> extremely harsh environments.  I think one would survive quite well in
> the home.  And if it does experience trouble, there are resources to
> be drawn on for support...US! :-)

I bet that Dave can assemble at *least* TWO fully-functional LSI-11
based PDP-11 boxes with pieces he has lying around his house, RIGHT
NOW.. I know I sent him enough 11/23 cpu boards for at least 2-3. 8-)

>   Now, something like an 11/20 or an 11/35 would be a different
> story..

I still want a proper toggle-switch-blinkenlighten front-panel
-11.  I also need to find an owner's manual / handbook for an
11/60, as there's one going to be uncrated in my driveway tonight.

Bill

--
Bill Bradford
mrbill at mrbill.net