[rescue] $795 education Sun Blade 100 revisited

Stefan Hames rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu Jul 26 07:03:59 CDT 2001

At 00:20 -0400 7/26/01, Ken Hansen wrote:
>The required aption makes sense.
>
>One system unit for all markets, mfg. makes every system the same, and ships
>the box where it is needed (europe, south america, etc...).
>
>Sun puts all the location specific bits in a counrty specific box, with no
>system-specific elements (common keyboard, mouse, power cable, etc.) - then
>thos get mated up when an order is placed.
>
>But - sun can't make the option kit *free*, then everyone would have a
>warehouse full of keyboard/mouse/power cord kits...
>
>That's my take on it, and it makes sense to me...
>
>Ken

Ahh, point taken.  I was just being flip.  Considering the price
their offering the the box at, I really don't have any room to
complain.  I obviously never thought through the whole country kit
issue....

Stefan

Stefan Hames
Ecology and Evolutionary Biology
E221 Corson Hall
Cornell University, Ithaca, NY 14853-2701
Phone: 607-273-4915 (home)
        607-254-2496 (lab)
        607-254-4262 (campus)
        607-255-8088 (fax)