[rescue] $795 education Sun Blade 100 revisited

Stefan Hames rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Jul 25 20:14:12 CDT 2001

It looks as if if you are student, faculty or staff of an "accredited
public or private K-12 or higher educational institution in the U.S"
you qualify for the $795 base model Sun Blade.  Check it out at
http://store.sun.com/docs/specials/workstations/schoolZone.jhtml .
Woohoo!  Admittedly you have to pay for the $45  oxymoronic "Required
Option" Country Kit, but with 256 mb PC133 ECC SDRAM at around $50 a
stick, I'm afraid I'm finally going to have to weaken.  Must get
SS5's out of office....

Stefan
Stefan Hames
Ecology and Evolutionary Biology
E221 Corson Hall
Cornell University, Ithaca, NY 14853-2701
Phone: 607-273-4915 (home)
        607-254-2496 (lab)
        607-254-4262 (campus)
        607-255-8088 (fax)