[rescue] Re: OT: Solaris for Intel

Robert Novak rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Jul 25 12:28:47 CDT 2001

On Wed, 25 Jul 2001, Bill Bradford wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 25, 2001 at 06:09:44AM -0700, Brian Dunbar wrote:
> > At risk of getting toasty, I submit that something _like_ Unix reliability
> > can be gotten from NT/W2K if enough work is put into service packs and
>
> I have to say, Win2K *is* the best Windows yet.. My box at work here never
> reboots/locks up unless I reboot it on purpose..

I can concur on that from my laptop experience over the past couple of
months. Sony VAIO PCG-F560 sold and "designed for" Win98 lasts 2-3 days
with Win98, and ran weeks on Win2k (except for the usual reboots for
software/driver installations).

Now to see if x86 Solaris will run on it, now that I have a PowerDVD
license to use under Win2k. Or maybe I should try Solaris x86 under Vmware
on Linux x86 or win2k :)

--Rob

        "And it's been a long December and there's reason to believe
           Maybe this year will be better than the last...." -- counting crows