[rescue] Q: Can you run a Creator 2D at 1600x1024 (SGI 1600SW Flat Panel)?

Tugrul Galatali rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Jul 25 12:24:00 CDT 2001

On Wed, 25 Jul 2001, Ken Hansen wrote:

> I have a line on a great deal on an SGI 1600SW - can it be driven by the
> Creator 2D in my Ultra 30?
>
> The *real* resolution on the SGI 1600SW is 1600x1024, and I see that the
> Creator 3D can do 1600x1000 (24" monitor support), so it *could* work...

	I *sooo* want that LCD, but it will most likely be plugged into my
Wintel box, and according to them, Matrox G400 + daughterboard is the only
W2K solution available.

	http://www.sgi.com/flatpanel/superwide_savvy.html

	Or I guess I could stuff it away till I get a mac :) Apple seems to
have made sure its certified all around.

	I'll probably just get the cheap 19" as per hot-deals.org

	Tugrul Galatali