[rescue] OT: Solaris for Intel

Brian Dunbar rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Jul 25 08:09:44 CDT 2001

>-----Original Message-----
From: Bill Bradford [mailto:mrbill at mrbill.net]
Sent: Wednesday, July 25, 2001 1:32 AM

On Tue, Jul 24, 2001 at 10:36:25PM -0700, Brian Dunbar wrote:
> *I know you can make an NT box every bit as reliable and etc. as a Unix
box.

Shall I hand you the soap, or do you want to continue down the slippery
slope unassisted?

Bill<

I guess it's an obvious but unintentional troll, given the list.  Sorry
(Hey, I'm married.  Twice.  I have *more* than enough experience sliding
down slippery slopes by myself).

At risk of getting toasty, I submit that something _like_ Unix reliability
can be gotten from NT/W2K if enough work is put into service packs and
upgradces, you obtain quality hardware, and you become an absolute nazi
about softrware installs and what not.  Which usually won't happen for
various and sundry reasons.

Brian