[rescue] Re: scsi drives

rescue at sunhelp.org rescue at sunhelp.org
Tue Jul 24 17:50:02 CDT 2001

Robert Novak wrote:

> Well, knowing that IBM disks tend to have slightly longer warranties (3-5
> years for the SCSI LVD ones I've bought for work), I sent the serial
> number to IBM's hard drive support people. They wrote back and told me it
> was an OEM drive sold to Tandem for integration, and that IBM did not
> warrant it for retail sale. I took the drive back.

Yeah, IBM's really, really good at denying warranty service. Even on
non-OEM stuff.

I've had them deny service on drives because I pulled them (from AIX
boxes) instead of waiting for the tech to get there.

And Fry's is (in)famous for doing crap like that.

Money's far more important than happy customers.

---sambo