[[rescue] flamewar question: Perl]

BSD Bob the old greybeard BSD freak rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Jul 23 10:45:59 CDT 2001

>   IS there a BASIC interpreter or compiler for Solaris?

I would think you could get the bywater basic up, OK.
It runs on NetBSD sparc.  It is a pretty good clone of,
YUK, gwbasic.  Even though gwbasic is ugly, it has its uses.
There are one or two others, but I think bwbasic is one of
the better ones.  I just ran a test sparc compile, and it
seems to be fine.  It is simple C code.

There is another one called brandybasic that is an acorn ARM
basic dialect.  A test sparc compile did OK on that one, too.

(FORTRAN.... think FORTRAN.....(:+}}...)

Bob