[rescue] my latest haul (and QBus questions)

Brian Hechinger rescue at sunhelp.org
Sat Jul 21 22:09:26 CDT 2001

evening all,

drove an insane number of miles today, to pick up my new toy.

VAX 4000/500 with 64MB RAM
LPV11-SA parallel card
KZQSA SCSI card (no MSCP, but supported by OpenVMS, sooooooo)
CMD SCSI card (MSCP BABY!)

ok, /500 will be a NetBSD box with that CMD card in it hands down, but i've got
some QBus related questions as pertaining to it.  it's a half width card in a
SBox thingie.  the other half of the "card" is black plastic.  are there any
limitations for the QBus in the BA440 that would cause me grief with this thing
as pertaining to bus grant cont.?

also, when i plug this thing in and do a SHOW DEV at the >>> i lose my TK50.

before:

DSSI Bus 0 Node 0 (R2CLJC)
-DIA0 (RF72)

DSSI Bus 0 Node 1 (R2QSNC)
-DIA1 (RF72)

DSSI Bus 0 Node 2 (R2ZDKA)
-DIA2 (RF72)

DSSI Bus 0 Node 6 (*)

DSSI Bus 1 Node 7 (*)

UQSSP Tape Controller 0 (774500)
-MUA0 (TK50)

after:

DSSI Bus 0 Node 0 (R2CLJC)
-DIA0 (RF72)

DSSI Bus 0 Node 1 (R2QSNC)
-DIA1 (RF72)

DSSI Bus 0 Node 2 (R2ZDKA)
-DIA2 (RF72)

DSSI Bus 0 Node 6 (*)

DSSI Bus 1 Node 7 (*)

UQSSP Disk Controller 0 (772150)

UQSSP Tape Controller 0 (774500)
-?

other than that, the CMS card also has an MMJ connector on it, what the heck
is that for?

well, off to try and boot a VMS cd on this thing and get 7.2 on my cluster.

-brian