[rescue] FYI: 690MP "barebones" in SF Bay Area (not mine)

Robert Novak rescue at sunhelp.org
Sat Jul 21 17:51:07 CDT 2001

Hi all,

If anyone in the San Francisco area is looking for a 690MP cabinet/VME
enclosure, I saw three of them at Weird Stuff in Sunnyvale today, in the
as-is area. They have the 56" data cabinet, power distribution, and the
VME chassis/backplane. No boards that I could see, but 600MP boards are
easy to come by (relatively speaking). I *think* they were about $150 each
but I'm not 100% sure.

And for people I promised shipments to during my recent vacation, I'll be
getting to those tomorrow or Monday. If you asked about something I listed
before I left and didn't get a response (or didn't get around to asking),
feel free to drop me a note. I'm about recovered from a $500+ electric
bill and will be looking to raise some money to cover it :)

Thanks,
Rob

        "And it's been a long December and there's reason to believe
           Maybe this year will be better than the last...." -- counting crows