[rescue] autoshutdown/noautoshtdown in Solaris 8

Gil Young rescue at sunhelp.org
Sat Jul 21 11:08:08 CDT 2001

I had a Ultra 5 that had a similar problem, I -never- got it resolved, even
after mobo swap based on a possible fault on the board.  It would just power
down no matter what, very odd.  The one thing I didnt replace was the button
that 'could' put it into shutdown.  t always shutdown clean, not a hard
crash, but nothing in messages or any other indication as to why, so that is
what made me assume the button (or the board) was sending the signal.

Let us know how it turns out!

Gil Young
Call Sign: KG4KVX
"No, I didn't. Honest. I ran outta gas. I had a flat tire. I didn't have
enough money for cab fare. My tux didn't come back from the cleaners.
 An old friend came in from outta town. Someone stole my car.
There was an earthquake, a terrible flood, locust's. It wasn't my fault!!"