[rescue] help - sun-2/120 quitting on me

Matthew Fredette rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu Jul 19 08:01:28 CDT 2001

Hi.  I've got a sun-2/120.  A few weeks ago the motherboard I'd been
using for six months stopped booting - after displaying the boot
devices it would report a bus error trying to access 0xffffffff and
lock up.  So I switched to another motherboard, which worked until two
days ago.  Now when powered on all LEDs stay pegged and nothing
happens.

I'm the NetBSD/sun2 port developer, but I'm all CS and no EE - meaning
I'm useless when it comes to failing hardware.  Reseating all boards
didn't help.  Waiting for things to "warm up" didn't help.

Is there anything I can do?  I do have another motherboard I can try,
but I'm afraid the backplane or something is frying these boards.
Is there any way I can make one working motherboard out of the two
failing ones?  Thanks -

Matt

--
Matt Fredette