[rescue] recommended: Final Fantasy movie

Shawn Wallbridge rescue at sunhelp.org
Sun Jul 15 17:16:04 CDT 2001

The limitations we ran into with BMRT are probably a bit unique. We were
trying to render 4k frames at 16bit color. We ended up using the Maya,
Houdini and Max renderers. They got the job done. I don't see us moving away
from Max/Maya/Houdini until something better comes around, and I would think
it would take a while before an OS project could match any of them.

We do visual effects and post production for film and commercials. Our
biggest (and coolest) project so far is the explosion at the beginning of
Swordfish. Massive bullet-time like sequence. It took 8 months. Lots of CG
elements all photo realistic.

shawn