[rescue] Test reporting

joshua d boyd rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Jul 13 09:59:43 CDT 2001

On Fri, Jul 13, 2001 at 10:26:22AM -0400, G W Adkins wrote:
> > I've been charged with designing/implementing a new unified test
> > reporting (with minor summarying) system (currently, each test is reported
> > by a dbase program that was designed just for that test.  We want one
> > program that can report all tests.
> ><snip>
> > I'm not looking forward to doing this as one big Access thing,
> > nor am I looking forward to reimplementing each test report program in a
> > new system (most likely Excel), which is the other current alternative.
>
> How about an SQL backend with reporting by Crystal Reports...
> ?

Wouldn't that require that everyone who wants to create a new report know
Crystal Reports?  This reports that we do are simple enough for the most
part.  I just have no clue how to implement the summarying features in a
configurable way.  I don't know.  That just seems like doing it the
hardware, but maybe it wouldn't be.

--
Joshua D. Boyd