[rescue] Cisco WS-C1201 w/WS-C151[14]

Neil McNeight rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Jul 13 03:15:41 CDT 2001

> From: Jeff Borisch <jborisch at columbus.rr.com>
>
> Damn, your surplus property is much better than ours at OSU.

Depends. Large academic units like the engineering school have massive
quantities of Sun gear, and when they are done with them they find a
refurbisher and get rid of them in bulk. Currently, for engineering
student workstations, there's nothing older than an Ultra 1/170, and I
count at least 170 Ultra 10/440's available.

Even smaller units, like the Math department, have classrooms full of
Ultra 5's and recently culled their old equipment (Sparc 4's, 5's and 10's
now showing up at dispo).

Maybe you just have to go more often ;)

> On top of that, a better football team, you're higher rated in most
> academic programs, and we have nothing as nice as your naked mile.
>
> (-:

True ;), I don't trust ratings, and highly overrated. I haven't even
bothered to attend the last couple of years.

-Neil

"There is more to life than increasing its speed." | Neil McNeight
                        -Mahatma Gandhi            | mcneight at umich.edu