[rescue] can you beleive I do this as a *HOBBY*?

rescue at sunhelp.org rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu Jul 12 18:42:42 CDT 2001

schiller at mail.agrijag.com writes:

>RSTS-11 & BASIC-PLUS :) back in 1976 I took my one and only programming
>class (BASIC programing) in HS on a PDP-11/70 running RSTS-11! The
>'terminals' were Teletype ASR-33's, and we'd store our programs on
>papertape! The little metal cans that 35mm film came in (now they're
>plastic) were perfect for storing programs on papertape :) I can't
>remember what RSTS stands for, but I used to know. Gee, now I feel old
>:(

Once I get a decent space, a PDP-11/45 or 11/70 is the first large
machine I'll go hunting for. Gorgeous front panels...

I'll be spending saturday playing with small 11s actually. We're
having a "Q-BUS" workshop day at the RCS, so we're all going to
bring our small 11s and spare parts in and see how many functional
machines we can piece together...

(And hopefully get me an OS for my 11/23!)

-------- David Fischer --------- dave at cca.org --------- www.cca.org --------
-------- If it wasn't for good luck, I wouldn't have no luck at all. -------