[rescue] RE: Things that go *crash* in the UPS truck...

Patrick Giagnocavo rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu Jul 12 08:00:50 CDT 2001

On Thu, Jul 12, 2001 at 12:20:45AM -0700, Bran Tregare wrote:
> the worst happens at UPS when the package gets knocked off / falls off the
> overhead conveyor system, it's 15 to 20 feet off of the floor.

Heh.

My favorite RPS (now FedEx Ground(tm) ) story concerns the conveyor belt
system they have.

The converyor are working, then there is some kind of screwup and one of
them gets jammed, so letters and packages get dumped all over (some belts
are indeed 15 to 20 feet off the floor).

Service guys come out and fix it, get it going again, no problem right?

Four years later, they do routine maintenance on the conveyor system.
Service guy sees a letter that somehow got inside the casing/panel.

So what does he do?  Does he look at the letter and when it was sent?

No.

Tosses it on the conveyor line, pack up, puts the panels back on and leaves.

So a customer gets their letter, FOUR YEARS after sending it.  They weren't
too happy about that.

./patrick