[rescue] RE: Things that go *crash* in the UPS truck...

Chad Fernandez rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Jul 11 19:59:24 CDT 2001

I had a guy ship an IBM 6091-19 to me using the expanding foam that is
available at Lowes, Home Depot, Menards, etc.  He first put the monitor
in a very heavy bag, then into the box, and then filled the air gaps
with the foam.  Only trouble was that the bag left its print on the
screen.  In order to get it off I used acetone, or 3M adhesive remover,
I don't recall for sure.  I then cleaned the screen with Fantastic and
Windex.  Then I went one step further.... I RainXed it :-)  Looked
great!  Unfortunately I haven't been able to use it.  The special video
card that goes into my PS/2 seems to be bad :-(

Chad Fernandez
Michigan, USA