[rescue] Re:o2 dualhead

joshua d boyd rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Jul 11 15:56:53 CDT 2001

On Thu, Jul 12, 2001 at 01:18:39AM +0430, roosmcd at dds.nl wrote:
>   Look at:
>  http://www.sgi.co.nz/Products/PDF/2019.pdf
>
> It says 1280x1024 at 75 Hz and just below that "38 Hz
> graphics update rate". So they are using one framebuffer to
> drive the two monitors sequentially. In the box is probably
> some memory that produces an echo of the video signal, 38
> Hz would look very bad on a 21" :). This works with the
> same principle as stereo viewing (for cheap stereo, take a
> look at my page: http://huizen.dds.nl/~roosmcd)

I didn't ever expect to say this about an SGI, but that truly sucks.

I have a pair of Sega shutter goggles (from the Master
system) somewhere.  I never hooked them to anything though.  I tried a
stereo head mount display once (on an Onyx with MCO no less), and was
unimpressed with the results, so I never got around to getting my shutter
goggles to go.

--
Joshua Boyd