Tags and previous owners (was RE: [rescue] What do you guys think about this 4D/35)

Loomis, Rip rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Jul 11 01:02:18 CDT 2001

The best "previous owner" I've found was for
my U1/170E...when I called into Sun to do the
field change to swap the crappy heatsink/fan
for the bigass heatsink, the conversation with
the FE revealed that the previous listed
location was...the CIA.  Not that surprising,
since I picked it up used just outside the DC
beltway and the harddisk was not the original
one...

My favorite tag was the "Property of Compaq CAE"
tag on the GDM-1962 monitor...implying that
Compaq used to use Sun boxen for some CAE
task (motherboard layout?).

Any other good ones?

 --Rip