[rescue] What do you guys think about this 4D/35

Dan Debertin rescue at sunhelp.org
Tue Jul 10 18:26:38 CDT 2001

On Tue, 10 Jul 2001, Brian Hechinger wrote:

> speaking of which, i've got the vid card, the audio card and that
> memory chip sitting here in a pile waiting for me to put it in a box
> and send it to you. problem is that vid card is TOO FRIGGIN BIG to fit
> in a sane box.  pretty soon your gonna get a HUGE BOX on your stoop
> for this insane vid card.  grumble grumble grumble.

Heh heh ... I still chuckle over the fact that the video card is the same
size as the motherboard.

> so.........  tell me about the monitor?  i've got a couple 3-BNC DEC tubes,
> will they do the trick?  if not, what should i be looking for?

I actually know nothing about it. Monitors are little appliances I plug
into computers and turn on; I don't profess to know anything about them
apart from where and how to plug them in ;). If you can get it on good
authority that they'll work, and they're okay monitors, then I might be
interested in taking one off your hands.

Still, shipping a monitor sounds like a royal PITA. I'd rather find one in
my area (Minneapolis/St. Paul) and pick it up.

> these are really neat machines.  i can't wait to get mine running. :)

Damn straight ;).

Dan
--
Dan Debertin