[rescue] What do you guys think about this 4D/35

Brian Hechinger rescue at sunhelp.org
Tue Jul 10 18:15:29 CDT 2001

On Tue, Jul 10, 2001 at 04:08:22PM -0500, Dan Debertin wrote:

> Parts are hard to find. I've managed to pull everything together that I
> need except that damn 3-BNC-connector monitor. The keyboard is special,
> the graphics boards are tough, memory is a pain, etc.

speaking of which, i've got the vid card, the audio card and that memory chip
sitting here in a pile waiting for me to put it in a box and send it to you.
problem is that vid card is TOO FRIGGIN BIG to fit in a sane box.  pretty soon
your gonna get a HUGE BOX on your stoop for this insane vid card.  grumble
grumble grumble.

so.........  tell me about the monitor?  i've got a couple 3-BNC DEC tubes,
will they do the trick?  if not, what should i be looking for?

> You're better off spending a little more money on a better box. But if
> you're looking for a fun project, they're fun machines to hack around on

these are really neat machines.  i can't wait to get mine running. :)

-brian