[rescue] on the subject of the 4D/xx...

Dan Debertin rescue at sunhelp.org
Tue Jul 10 17:56:15 CDT 2001

On Tue, 10 Jul 2001, Mike Nicewonger wrote:

> > Oh, but that's just it. It _is_ a 512 byte mode CDROM. Otherwise none of
> > my Sun boxes would boot from it.
> >
> Which drive do you have? Caddy loader or tray loader?

This is a caddy-loaded model, Sony. 'hinv -v' from the PROM _does_ see a
CDROM drive there, and lights go on when I start the installation. Then I
start to get SCSI-related errors. At least, I *think* they were
SCSI-related. I'll have to get home and try it again to get the exact
message.

I've got oh, maybe 1 more hour of fighting with AMANDA before I get to go
home, though :/.

Dan D.
--
Dan Debertin