[rescue] Can't clear ESP interrups: Check SCSI Term, Power Fuse ??

Rebecca Ore rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Jul 9 09:56:18 CDT 2001

On Mon, 09 Jul 2001, Greg A. Woods wrote:

> In general I've found it's best to provide termination power at both
> ends of the bus -- that way you know the voltage is up to par at both
> terminators.

I borrowed an active terminator with a LED and got no light when the
scsi cable was plugged to the SS5.  The label on the terminator says
that no light indicates "pwr off/HVD detected."  I got a red light
when the scsi chain wasn't plugged in.

> You'd do best to have an active terminator (or even better a "forced
> perfect termination" terminator) on the external case.  I've only ever
> seen really really really cheap active terminators without the LED, and
> I've only ever seen rare HD50 and DD50 passive terminators with LEDs, so
> if you have one with an LED and which isn't explicitly labeled "active",
> it's probably an active terminator none the less...

This one is a really really really cheap active terminator.

I assume we've got the fuse blow-out condition.  Would a forced
perfect termination terminator be the thing to try next?

> --
> 							Greg A. Woods
>
> +1 416 218-0098      VE3TCP      <gwoods at acm.org>     <woods at robohack.ca>
> Planix, Inc. <woods at planix.com>;   Secrets of the Weird <woods at weird.com>