[rescue] Can't clear ESP interrups: Check SCSI Term, Power Fuse ??

Greg A. Woods rescue at sunhelp.org
Sun Jul 8 21:53:12 CDT 2001

[ On Sunday, July 8, 2001 at 22:32:11 (-0400), Rebecca Ore wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: [rescue] Can't clear ESP interrups: Check SCSI Term, Power Fuse  ??
>
> Um, yeah.   I had some problems with a SS1+ that never resolved, but
> it certainly had fuses that could be removed and replaced.  I thought
> with two SS5s that one of them would be okay.   The test that I'll do
> if I can borrow a LED terminator from work will be to see if the LEDs
> are getting juice.  If they are, then I may need better cables and all
> (these are cheap).  If there are no lights, then I sort of will
> suspect the fuse.

Note that if it is the fuse, and so long as there's no short on the
board or in the connector, then you can still provide termination power
from any/all other devices on the bus....

> Sounds like they cut corners.  I like the little glass fuses on the
> SS1+.

Yup, but they need a special robot (or human!) to insert them on the
production line.  Surface mount stuff is easily handled by existing
standard CAM machines.

--
							Greg A. Woods

+1 416 218-0098      VE3TCP      <gwoods at acm.org>     <woods at robohack.ca>