[rescue] Can't clear ESP interrups: Check SCSI Term, Power Fuse ??

Rebecca Ore rescue at sunhelp.org
Sun Jul 8 16:55:31 CDT 2001

On Sun, 08 Jul 2001, Brian Hechinger wrote:

> On Sun, Jul 08, 2001 at 05:19:49PM -0400, Rebecca Ore wrote:
> >
> > I'm look for one then.  I'm going to make cycbuffs for the server, so
> > retention will be sucky until I get this fixed.
>
> that is a problem.  here, try this:
>
> http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1251969790
>
> $9.99 ends in 3 hours, no bids.

Um, I've got to get the thing in colo by 9:30 tonight in some shape or
the other, and renumber it.  I can always figure out the SCSI issue
later -- on the other machine if necessary.

> > I assume since the LX is happy with the drive, the problem is either
> > that the Sparc5 is fussier about its cables and termination, or
> > there's a dead fuse (I understand this isn't reparable in the SS5
> > other than by getting the scsi card).
>
> i've never had any trouble hooking drives up to my sparc5 which i've had for
> a number of years now, and have had MANY different drives hooked up to it.
>
> i looked at the mobo on mine, and i don't see a fuse anywhere, so they've
> hidden it very well.
>
> good luck!

The thing may be fussier about cables.  The fuse isn't replaceable --
and isn't visible either.  The way to test for that is hooking up a
LED terminator to the end of the scsi chain.

I got a call from the guy who gave me the LX and he's going to look at
documentation.  Meanwhile, I'm configuring for cycbuffs.

Rebecca Ore
http://www.ogoense.net