[rescue] Can't clear ESP interrups: Check SCSI Term, Power Fuse ??

Rebecca Ore rescue at sunhelp.org
Sun Jul 8 16:19:49 CDT 2001

On Sun, 08 Jul 2001, Brian Hechinger wrote:

> On Sun, Jul 08, 2001 at 04:52:27PM -0400, Rebecca Ore wrote:
> >
> > The drive works in the external box on an LX.
>
> hmmmm.
>
> > I've got two Sparc5's with the same problem -- someone else suggested
> > getting a terminator with active LEDs and see if the fuse was blow.
>
> not a bad idea that.  give it a go and let us know.
>
> > This may be why I got a 170 MHtz SS5 for free.
>
> if so, then you got yourself QUITE a deal.  SBus SCSI cards are cheap, so worst
> case you just have to stick a card in it to do what you want.

I'm look for one then.  I'm going to make cycbuffs for the server, so
retention will be sucky until I get this fixed.

I have a second Sparc5 (70) MHtz with the same problem and no memory.
If anyone has two SCSI cards and wants a barebones SS5 in trade, or if
anyone wants a second ethernet card (also MII connection) for the scsi
card, let me know.

I assume since the LX is happy with the drive, the problem is either
that the Sparc5 is fussier about its cables and termination, or
there's a dead fuse (I understand this isn't reparable in the SS5
other than by getting the scsi card).

--
Rebecca Ore
http://www.ogoense.net