[rescue] PowerMac RAM/VRAM?

Bill Bradford rescue at sunhelp.org
Sat Jul 7 14:49:41 CDT 2001

On Sat, Jul 07, 2001 at 03:34:47PM -0400, Dave McGuire wrote:
> > You can use DIMMs from a SS4/SS5 in these if you have any floating around.
> > The Sun DIMMs have parity but the PowerMacs will just ignore it.
>   I have never gotten SS5 memory to work in a 7500...I've tried many
> of them.  You've had better luck?
>         -Dave McGuire

On the same topic, right now I've got a Sun 21" multisync plugged
into the PM via a mac-DB15-to-HD15M cable from an old CTX monitor.
However, it only comes up at 640x480 - apparently the cable is
missing some sense pins.. Any way to *force* it into a higher
resolution using this cable?  It only lists 640x480 under the
monitors control panel.

I've got a nice Viewsonic DB15-to-HD15F adapter, but will have to
go buy another HD15-H15 cable to use that, since I used my last
one on my monitor at work..

Bill

--
Bill Bradford