[rescue] SCSI question

Joshua D. Boyd rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Jul 6 09:30:11 CDT 2001

The external CD rom I was sold for booting Suns and HPs, the seller tells
me that it wasn't terminated.  First, there was thing plug thing that
connected to one of the boxes centronic ports.  If it isn't a terminator,
what is it?  I supposed this makes a little sense.  Well, not really, but
I know that when I took the drive out of the external case and placed in
internally on a computer here, it seemed to work (well, it didn't hog all
the SCSI IDs, I didn't take the time to test if it would read disks, since
the OS on that machine is hosed.  Darn Mickeysoft toy OSs).

Second, would it work to just terminate the drive inside rather than get
an external terminator?

--
Joshua Boyd