[rescue] Solaris 8 on SS20

rescue at sunhelp.org rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Jul 4 20:32:39 CDT 2001

Ken Hansen wrote:

> Thought: How big is the /usr/openwin partition?

At this point I don't know, I've already started a new install, with a
different 1.2G drive.

> Have you tried installing a small, core system to make sure verything is OK
> (on the 1.2 Gig HD)?

Yep, had it up and running with two 1.2G drives. Then I got the data off
the 9G and put a Sun disk label on it (tried installing without doing
that first, and it was a no-go; Bad magic number), and stuck it in place
of the second (top) drive.

I wonder if I have to fib in the disk label?

> If that works, then you could simply fan your install out over the
> additional HD after it comes up...

Hmmm... maybe.

> I suspect a filesystem is too large on the 9 Gig HD, but not sure...

Probably, though I'm suspecting it's the disk label. I'm going to try
changing it if this install dies.

---sambo