[rescue] ADMIN NOTICE: List/Machine Downtime

Bill Bradford rescue at sunhelp.org
Tue Jul 3 16:27:23 CDT 2001

On Tue, Jul 03, 2001 at 05:09:19PM -0400, Chad Fernandez wrote:
> Dual 30giggers... that's quite a jump in capacity :-)  How are the
> current drives running?  Is the current setup pressed for space?

Current drives are Seagate Medalists, 5400rpm, 256K cache, sun-logo'ed.
They're total pieces of shit.

Installing a pair of Seagate Barracudas, 7200rpm, 2M cache.

We're not really pressed for space, but going to 60G from
13 will let me organize things better, and add a search engine
for the various mailing lists (primarily sun-managers, since it
was a guy from that list that donated the HDs).

I'm also taking the box to 256meg RAM instead of 128.

Bill

--
Bill Bradford
mrbill at mrbill.net