[rescue] Re: (cheap PPro systems - dual-capable but memory unobtainium?)

G W Adkins rescue at sunhelp.org
Tue Jul 3 14:48:29 CDT 2001

Subject: [rescue] Re: (cheap PPro systems - dual-capable but memory
unobtainium?)
> > Rip> Actually, come to think of it (and to have the ObSun in here)
> > Rip> wouldn't all the old smaller U5/U10 memory DIMMs work in these
> > Rip> PPro systems?
> >
> > At least, U5/U10 32MB DIMMs  are working fine on my dual PPRO Nec
> > system. As usual, YMMV.

The U5 and U10 take Buffered ECC EDO,
the PC 365's take Unbuffered EDO, ECC or Non-ECC.
they will take Dual PPro's up to 512Mb Cache, and have 4 DIMM slots.
VRM's for them will cost you $25-$50 depending on new or used condition.

I have two of them, they are sweet machines, and FreeBSD runs like a scalded
dog on them.
Compgeeks ( www.compgeeks.com ) occasionally has the memory for them up for
sale.

George