[rescue] SGI... sweet!

Björn Ramqvist rescue at sunhelp.org
Tue Jul 3 09:15:59 CDT 2001

Robert Rose wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm back from my field trip to grab the O2 bargain of the century.

Hey, nice machine!

> Do the SGI fast ethernet interfaces have any difficulties negotiating with
> any ethernet switches similar to the Sun hme and certain Cisco switches?

I don't know about the O2, but the Octanes over here have troubles with
Half vs Full Duplex, since IRIX is by default in "Auto negotiate" mode.
I've seen some kernel-parameters for this, but I took the easy way out
and removed the "Full Duplex, 100 Mbit" value in the Cisco-switch and
reverted to "Auto", and that worked like a charm.
(All of them links at 100Mbit Full Duplex with auto negotiation)

/Bjorn