[rescue] SGI... sweet!

Joshua D. Boyd rescue at sunhelp.org
Tue Jul 3 08:10:11 CDT 2001

Please tell me that you are planning to RUN to get more memory for that
machine.

As to the video capture questions, you are doing well if you can get 7.5
mbytes per second over 100mbit ethernet.  Personally, I don't know that I
would want to count on getting more than 5megs.  That means that you need
to use at least 12x compression, which is a lot of compression.

If you don't care, than it should work OK.  But, these days scsi drives
are fairly cheap in the 4 and 9 gig variety, so if you can scrape together
some spare cash after radically upgrading that machines memory, then why
not capture locally?

PS, do you have any video editing software for it?

--
Joshua Boyd