[rescue] (cheap PPro systems - dual-capable but memory unobtainium?)

Loomis, Rip rescue at sunhelp.org
Tue Jul 3 09:07:24 CDT 2001

So I did a little looking around, and the PPro
systems are PC365's, which means they're dual-PPro
capable--too bad that the second 200/256 PPro with
VRM will likely cost more than the $59 spent on the
base system (Hmm...buy two and make one good one?
Any idea if the first VRM is hard-mounted or might
it be removable?)

The other bad news is that the systems only take
168-pin EDO or ECC DIMMs (3v unbuffered)...for most
of us, good luck on finding those at a reasonable
price.  Actually, come to think of it (and to have
the ObSun in here) wouldn't all the old smaller
U5/U10 memory DIMMs work in these PPro systems?

--
Rip Loomis
Senior Systems Security Engineer, SAIC CIST