[rescue] CD ROM

Michael S. Schiller rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Jul 2 22:22:40 CDT 2001

hehe, if they DO have that policy, remind them that the actual mfger of the
machine is no more, so you'll be happy to do it for them :)

-Mike

"Joshua D. Boyd" wrote:

> I'll do what I can about the Vax.  I just hope that this place doesn't
> have a policy like Pfizer.  Pfizer actually pays the manufactor to take
> the machine back and destroy it  Blech.
>
> Anyway, I'm having trouble getting the scsi CD-ROM I bought for my HP and
> SS2 to work.  However, I notive that the CD-RW that I bought (yamaha
> CDRW4260t) has a jumper labeled block size.  Does this mean that if I swap
> it to the external bay it should be able to boot the machines that require
> a 512block?  That would be convienient, since I wanted to get an external
> case for that drive anyway.
>
> --
> Joshua Boyd
>
> On Mon, 2 Jul 2001, Brian Hechinger wrote:
>
> > On Mon, Jul 02, 2001 at 10:30:37PM -0400, Joshua D. Boyd wrote:
> > >
> > > Joshua.
> >
> > J-man? :)

> > > Yeah, but do they make external DSSI CD-ROMs and tape drives?
> >
> > ok, so you've definitely got a machine with a SCSI card in it.  that is prime
> > for NetBSD.  snag it if you can.
> >
> > -brian

*PGP fingerprint= D2 4F A8 B7 13 D5 73 1E  48 99 40 99 F9 BC 74 74 *
*Email: schiller at agrijag.com       \|||/    http://www.agrijag.com *
*Voice: 423-625-6349               (o o)    FAX: 423-623-9054      *