[rescue] Help with 600MP

Chris Sterling rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Jul 2 19:19:46 CDT 2001

I thought I fried my beautiful 670mp... but now, the problem confuses
me. Before I learned how to imterpret the diag led's and put a serial
console on ttya, it just would not boot. The log on ttya loops on a memory
error, but if I remove the #2 processor it boots with a IDPROM error.

Following the discussion here about boot proms for 600mp boards, I assume
I need a new boot prom. But, with only one CPU and with the IDPROM error I
still get a hw address, and it will not boot (NVRAM errs and OBIO...)

Can I get a boot prom from someone? This one was ver 2.14...

Also, I have a useless LX. Can I steal the boot prom out of it?

Thanks!

-Chris Sterling