[rescue] SPARCcenter 2000s?

Brian Hechinger rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Jul 2 12:56:33 CDT 2001

On Mon, Jul 02, 2001 at 01:49:04PM -0400, Gil Young wrote:
> Depends on the CPU's etc...
>
> For example, this should not have sold for 10 grand, it is not worth
> anywhere near that IMHO.

i don't think it's even worth the $1000 opening bid.  i'd give him maybe a
couple hundred for it.  maybe $500 if i'm feeling generous.

> http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1248673368
>
> But I doubt this guy has two, and since it seems to be relisted awful
> quick, I smell something funny :):
>
> http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1252089857

did you notice that no negative feedback was left for the buyer?  you absolutely
give negative feedback when someone screws you over a $10,000 sale.

> And this is just down the road for me, and of course, it is priced entirely
> ridiculous.

email him, offer him what the box is worth.  keep sending an email after every
unsucessful listing.  it annoys the hell out of people, but these people need
to be annoyed in my opionion.  the worst thing that'll happen is the guy will
call you something nasty and ignore you, the best than can happen is you get
a good price on the item.  i've had 1/5 land me a good deal so far.

they wanna be an ass for listing something so high?  don't feel like an ass for
calling them on that is my opinion.

> Sigh, no good deals down in O town at all...

patience grasshopper.  your time will come. :)

-brian