[SunRescue] Macs and SunBlades, and other interesting things

Jonathan Katz rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Feb 23 22:41:08 CST 2001

Chris wrote:
> I've tried. Apparently it interrogates the chipset and decides it's too old
> or weak or summat.

I heard OS/X wasn't supported on clones(tm). Just like 2.6 and later
detects for Sun4m VME-based gear and craps out, OS/X does likewise on
Mac Clone gear (from what I can gather...)

> So I guess I'm just going to have to go for a DP 733 when they actually
> become available to us humans (hopefully later this year).

*drool* I'm still lusting after one of the Titanium G4 Lappytops. Who
here was going to anodize(sp?) theirs?

Congrats. I heard that there is this Cray on e-bay.... @;^)

> I wanted to buy a SunBlade 1000 to celebrate, so I called up my Sun guy and
> he just kind of giggled at me and said "maybe around june or july some time,
> or maybe not".

*laugh* *whistles innocently* be patient, young jedi.

-Jon
Jonathan Katz = J. Random BOFH = http://jonworld.com = jon at jonworld.com
	"When I think back on all the crap I learned in high school...
		it's a wonder I can think at all."
	-- Paul Simon