[SunRescue] Macs and SunBlades, and other interesting things

Christopher Byrne rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Feb 23 21:14:25 CST 2001

I actually have a PowerComputing system that's been upgraded to include USB
and firewire, and a 500mhz daughterboard. It runs 9 great, but I really like
the thought of X, and for some reason X won't install on any of the clones
I've tried. Apparently it interrogates the chipset and decides it's too old
or weak or summat.

So I guess I'm just going to have to go for a DP 733 when they actually
become available to us humans (hopefully later this year).

BTW, I just got a new contract that should bring me something in the
neighborhood of 1/4 million dollars a year, so I'm celebrating mightily
right now.

I wanted to buy a SunBlade 1000 to celebrate, so I called up my Sun guy and
he just kind of giggled at me and said "maybe around june or july some time,
or maybe not".

Chris Byrne