[SunRescue] Re: Sun 3/160 trouble

rescue at sunhelp.org rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Feb 23 14:20:22 CST 2001

   There are three jumpers on a 3/160 motherboard which relate to
Ethernet: J2501 enables the Ethernet clock and should be jumped,
J2503 puts Vcc on pin 7 of the Ethernet connector and should be
unjumped, and J2505 is jumped for a "type-1" transceiver and
unjumped for a "type-2". Unfortunately, I can't remember the
difference between the types, or what I have mine set to, but it's
something to try fiddling with.
   Fuses on Sun boards usually are small cylinders with two pins on
one end as you describe. The Ethernet fuse is near J1001, at grid E34.

   --James B.