[SunRescue] Re: Problem with Weitek PowerUP

rescue at sunhelp.org rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Feb 23 09:21:04 CST 2001

Several years ago, I tried to install redhat 4.2 on a Sparc 2 with
a powerup.  The install would always end with a horribly corrupted
file system.  There were no scsi or disk problems.  Someone from the
sparc linux list told me that powerup chips datecoded before 9405
had a bug of some sort.  I swapped the 1993 chip with a datecoded 9447
powerup and it worked fine.  I have no idea if a fix was found or
if it affects netbsd.  I'm curious what the date code is on your IPX's
powerup.

-Ken