[SunRescue] Sol8 on dummy machines.....

BSD Bob the old greybeard BSD freak rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Feb 21 14:39:58 CST 2001

> by BSD Bob the old greybeard BSD freak <bobkeys at weedcon1.cropsci.ncsu.edu>:
>
> > Any insights or suggestions or horror stories are appreciated.
>
> Solaris x86 is a horror story from top to bottom. Abandon hope, all ye
> who enter there.

Well, I thought I would give it the ol' college try......(:+\\...

It can't be slower than Solaris 2.4 on my SS1..... can it?

> "Where am I supposed to find coelacanths at this time of day?"

Same place I go diving for them.... the local MooU feeding frenzy
dumpsterdiving pit, each Friday morning.... gotta watch out for
those ancient fishies... some folks call them VAXen and Sun3 crates
but we all know they are the coelacanths, and turn up in the net,
every now and then.....

Bob