[SunRescue] IRIX and SGI -- OT

Ken Hansen rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu Feb 15 07:50:45 CST 2001

Quick thought - have you determined if it is the harware or
software causing you pain?

I wonder if removing the HDs and starting from scratch will let
you rebuild the system?

I am thinking maybe the drive has been marked as protected by
the OS, and will not let you access it, but the NVRAM is not
password protected, and would allow you to wipe a new drive.

Maybe the drive can be swapped into a non-SGI machine and
re-formatted...

HTH,

Ken