[SunRescue] Hi, I'm Steve, and I have a problem. . .

Ken Hansen rescue at sunhelp.org
Tue Feb 13 23:11:14 CST 2001

I went to a training session today at a hotel today, and the
hotel had only Pepsi product (yuck!), no "regular" Pepsi (only
Diet & Pepsi One - Double Yuck!), and no Mountain Dew (one of
the only decent products Pepsi makes).

They had a soda machine that "claimed"/"advertised" that it had
Mountain Dew, but what came out was the vileist of all drinks
(IMHO) - it was a lemon-lime citrus soda (Fresca?) that appeared
to be marketed as a Mt. Dew replacement, but with **NO
CAFFINE**.

I have learned to accept my addiction to Coke, since I got
caught at a relatives house during a snow storm (the one that
shut down the east coast 7 years or so ago). Seems they had no
caffine in the house since one of their kids developed a stomach
problem after consuming an aprox. gallon of Diet Pepsi for 10+
years(they used to *live* on Mt. Dew, but that was the '70s).
Three days after I entered their house I *ran* tot he nearest
quick-mart store and got a sufficient supply for my 6 hour car
ride home.

I had numerous headaches (bad ones), took naps, and went to bed
around 10:00 PM.

I prefer to "Caffinate the moments of my life" (paraphrased from
an old coffee ad)...

Ken