[SunRescue] Ultra1

James Lockwood rescue at sunhelp.org
Tue Feb 13 02:54:33 CST 2001

On Tue, 13 Feb 2001, Robert Rose wrote:

> I was told by one of my more experienced workmates at the time that an
> Sbus GX was standard issue in the 690, maybe someone with a memory that
> extends back to the 80s can confirm?  Maybe it was included when it was
> upgraded from a quad Ross to a dual Viking ?

Sun has shipped GX boards since the earliest SparcStations.  The dual-slot
GX was an option in the SparcStation 1, which predated the 4/600 by over 2
years.  Single-slot GX cards came into vogue some time in the 1991-1992
timeframe.

If you count P4 cg6 cards, the series has been around for even longer.  I
transplanted one of those (from a 4/330) into my old 3/60!

-James